Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:48:48
Text Post: Downtime in about 12 hours
We’re getting the live environment that v2 will exist in set up at that time, along with some server updates. After that there’s a few minor to moderate things we need to do to get the thing playable and then we can announce it so you can mess around with it while we implement additional features
Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:20:11
Text Post: ALRIGHT NEW PLAN
The graphics guy came down with a serious allergy thing and has also had to go back to school, so that might be a while. As such, the new plan is to try and organize the beta build we have so that it’s actually navigable and then put it up with the old classic “black 12 point Times New Roman font on white background” look we had waaaaay back in the early days.
We are still working on a fair few things but the basic systems should be in place and testing and item submissions (especially port recommendations i.e. people wanting specific items ported over) will be appreciated once it’s up and running.
Graphics will still be a thing (obviously), but they’ll show up a bit later like some of the other features (e.g. questing)
Mon, 06 Apr 2015 23:53:03
Text Post: Quick info
This post is replacing answering a bunch of questions individually.
- The appearance for the beta is apparently coded up and just needs to be applied. I am not 100% on how complete this means it is but there’s a possibility that, for instance, I could do the rest of the stuff that needs to be done on it (in which case I will make a point of doing that personally as soon as possible)
- Sessions will not be deleted, but will not be able to migrate to the new system. (The old build will remain up so you can still use them though)
- Issues on v1…probably won’t end up getting much attention. We’d rather release v2 with the ostensibly better coding than fix up v1 stuff. Point 1 means the beta for that might actually finally be popping up for examination at some point soon.
- Yeah it’s been pretty shoddy in terms of stuff getting done on Overseer and I am sorry about that. It IS a free “in our spare time” type of thing, but I can understand the disappointment. I’m pretty disappointed with my own performance myself.
- Probably getting a transplant in 2~3 years
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:28:28
Text Post: Good news, bad news, and worse news
Okay so there haven’t been any posts to this tumblr for a while and there’s a few orders of business to address (why the site is down now, where the damn beta is, what my and our plans for the future are, more or less). I’ve sorted the information into three categories.
- The visual update for the beta is being worked on. It’s taking more time than expected but that’s in progress. I’ll try and wrangle some updates about that in upcoming days.
- The rest of the stuff for the beta is at a functional level if I recall correctly. This means that once the layout is sorted it should be playable!
- The downtime should be pretty temporary and isn’t an issue on our end
- We haven’t abandoned TOP or anything, there’s just slumping going on for a couple of reasons. Additionally, there’s a fair few people who are being brought on with the skills necessary to do some development work, so that should help keep things ticking over.
- The downtime is due to a DDoS on the name server carrying our domain. Our server isn’t being directly attacked or anything, but the people letting us use the URL www.theoverseerproject.com are, meaning they’re not providing it successfully right now. There’s nothing we can really do about this but sit tight until whoever it is gets bored and goes away.
- My new job is keeping me pretty busy, so I really haven’t been able to get much done. There’s only so much I could be doing at this point but when we get to bugfixing I might not have much time.
- Blah (a.k.a. “Babby Overseer”) has basically left the project at this point. He’s still around and we can talk to him to get info about code he’s written but he’s not doing any more new stuff.
- I found out that my kidneys are getting progressively worse today (they were holding stable at something like 30% functionality, but that’s no longer the case). We don’t know exactly what impact this is going to have but it’s probably not going to be good, so I’m not exactly in the best way right now. So between this and the job I’m likely to have trouble being able to get much done. I’ll do my best but…yeah.
Anyway that’s about all from me at this point. Hopefully the beta shows up soon and we can get into bugfixing and building the item base up on the new system (item porting should still be a thing in some capacity so you shouldn’t have to worry about all the items you’ve made just vanishing)
Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:31:50
Text Post: Okay
That SHOULD be all the “fix it” requests handled.
Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:21:59
Ask: do we still have a chance of the beta being out by the end of the month, or is February going to be the next best guess
Oh, easily. I mean I said I put decent odds on the 15th! The 31st I should hope won’t be a problem in that regard.
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:56:06
Nonzero, primarily contingent on when it becomes possible to put the graphics through and therefore difficult to estimate. I wouldn’t give it bad odds personally, but I don’t really want to speak for others.
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:53:10
Ask: Hey uh, undergroundExile from session Behold my Robes and we recently challenged the Black King and I'm the last one standing. I'm assuming that wouldn't normally be a problem as the previous leader would just be able to transfer leadership to me but they said '[They] tried to hand over leadership to [me] but it claimed no such player exists.' Is the leader doing something wrong or is this a bug? Is it possible that you could forcefully remove me from the fight?
See previous weird stuff.
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:53:01
Text Post: BK fight problem
undergroundExile of our session Behold my Robes is stuck strifing against BK. He cannot make any kind of action and nobody can join him. Attempts to pass leadership have been met with a “Player does not exist” error.
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:52:48
Ask: is it possible to end the black king battle for us in session whale cum gorgay? or at least force leadership to frozenCinders, elementalHero, or frenziedScorn? because another one of us accidentally started the strife somehow and then died immediately because he had 0 health and it's not letting him pass leadership to any of us. it won't progress to the next turn and we can't leave.
See previous ask!
Homestuck is copyright © Andrew Hussie.
Page executed in 0.23703598976135 seconds.